- Event Industry focus to reduce carbon emissions by 45 percent from 2010 levels by 2030, and to net zero by 2050. This is in line with the 2016 Paris Agreement.
- Commit to keeping 90 percent of all materials produced out of landfills by 2030. Eliminate the use of single-use plastics by 2030.
When it comes to sustainability, we all know the event industry’s problems and we can boil them down to just a few phrases: Too much carbon emitted.
Wasteful consumption patterns. Unequal, non-diverse supply chains. We’ve long restated the problem at conferences, online, and in print. Is it time to admit that we are failing at being a sustainable industry and need to come up with an actual solution?
THP Sustainability Commitment
CarbonVation is an exhibition communication platform which focused on China’s sustainable development in the post-pandemic era. It’s led by THP and created with the “collective wisdom” of our global event partners and the support of China’s ecological partners.
“CarbonVation” is a synonym of specialization, internationalization, openness, interaction and Chinese characteristics. “Carbonvation” is the “Carbon Metaverse” of Shanghai Exhibition.
- Sustainability Committee Board Member only China based board member
- Discussing topics on Net Zero Carbon Events
- Knowledge share on global industry best practices trends and network.
Net Zero Carbon Event Solutions
The “Carbon Peak” and “Carbon Neutral” are the goals of every Chinese person and the challenges of every industry manager. THP will commit to creating green event solutions, insist on sustainable development road of exhibition and event industry
Tailored solutions to measure carbon footprints in events and layout strategic solutions for sustainable environment.
THP also has strategic partnership with authorized official evaluation organization – Shanghai Environment and Energy Exchange to review and evaluate the carbon emissions generation to THP event solutions and provide professional report afterwards.